Main contents start here
Annual Report on the Labour Force Survey 2005
Summary of the results
The statistical tables are formatted on excel files.
- Outline of the Labour Force Survey(PDF:21KB)
- Concepts and Definitions(PDF:23KB)
- Sampling Method, Estimation Method, and Sampling Errors of Estimates(PDF:65KB)
- Labour Force Survey Questionnaire(PDF:111KB)
- Instructions for Filling in the Questionnaire(PDF:59KB)
- Annual average figures are arithmetic mean of figures from January to December.
- Figures may not add up to totals because figures are rounded to ten thousand or "unclassifiable" is included in totals.
- Figures for "change", "percentage" of change, "percentage distribution", etc. are calculated from the figures rounded to ten thousand.
- "0" or "0.0" indicates that the figure is less than half of the given unit.
- "-" indicates that the figure does not exist.
- "*" indicates that the percentage is not computed because the denominator is too small (less than 100 thousand).
- Because the benchmark population for the estimation was revised to the 2000 Census-based population estimates in January 2002, the figures for 2002 include a methodological component that shifts the total population aged 15 years old or more downward by approximately 60,000 (refer to appendix 3)(PDF:65KB).
- Along with the revision of Japan Standard Industrial Classification, the data are shown by New Standard Industrial Classification from the January 2003 survey results. As for the time series table, figures of industries which have no or small influence by the revision are shown, which are "Agriculture", "Forestry", "Non-agricultural industries", "Fisheries", "Mining", "Construction", "Electricity, gas, heat supply and water", "Wholesale and retail trade" and "Government (not elsewhere classified)". As for other industries, data before 2003 are not shown.
Some of the publications on this site are in PDF. To view them you will need to have Adove Acroabt Reader. Please click the graphic link to download Acrobat Reader.