Main contents start here
Development of the Statistical Business Register
Information on the results of statistical surveys
The Statistical Business Register is based on the results of the Economic Census for Business Frame and the Economic Census for Business Activity.
In addition, the results of statistical surveys conducted by ministries and agencies are stored in the database after their usefulness is examined.
Administrative records information
According to the Article 27 of the Statistics Act (Act No.53 of 2007), an "establishment and enterprise referral" service is offered by using data on labour insurance, and commercial and corporate registration.
- Revision of the Statistics Act
It was stipulated by law that the new Statistical Business Register shall be developed by the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications.
- Formulation of the "Master Plan Concerning the Development of Official Statistics (Cabinet decision)"
- Formulation of the "Policy for Developing the Statistical Business Register (decided by the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications)"
- Completion of system development, and commencement of operations
- Preparation of annual frame for 2012 (preliminary edition), and start of provision of services
- Formulation of the "Master Plan Concerning the Development of Official Statistics (Cabinet decision)" of the second period
* An annual frame is information on a parent frame based on questionnaire data for the Economic Census, as well as various kinds of administrative records information and the results of various statistical surveys, at a specific point in time each year. It aims to provide data to national government agencies, prefectures, government-ordinance-designated cities, etc., so that survey subjects for statistical surveys on establishments conducted by administrative agencies may be extracted, or statistics concerning establishments may be compiled.