Main contents start here
News Bulletin July 27, 2015
July 27, 2015
Preliminary Results of the 2014 Economic Census for Business Frame Released
The SBJ released the preliminary results of the 2014 Economic Census for Business Frame on June 30, 2015. The 2014 census was conducted as of July 1, 2014, to identify the basic structure of establishments and enterprises (e.g., the number of persons engaged) in all industries on a national and regional level and to establish and maintain population information (i.e. Establishment Frame Database (Business Register)), by investigating the economic activity of establishments and enterprises.
According to a part of the preliminary results of the Economic Census for Business Frame, as of July 1, 2014, the number of privately owned establishments was 5,810,861 (up 0.7% from the 2012 Economic Census for Business Activity), and the number of persons engaged was 58.003 million (up 3.9% from the same), respectively.
Please see http://www.stat.go.jp/english/data/e-census/index.htm, for more details. Also, please note that these preliminary results are subject to change, which will be superseded by the final results released from November 2015.
A new Guide to the Statistics Bureau, the Director-General for Policy Planning (Statistical Standards) and the Statistical Research and Training Institute
The Statistics Bureau of Japan (SBJ) has recently revised "A Guide to the Statistics Bureau, the Director-General for Policy Planning (Statistical Standards) and the Statistical Research and Training Institute" and posted it on the SBJ website. For more details, please check the following website ( http://www.stat.go.jp/english/info/guide/201503ver/index.htm).
June 26 2015
"Labour Force Survey(Basic Tabulation)"(May 2015)
- The number of employed persons in May 2015 was 64.00 million, an increase of 20 thousand or 0.0% from the previous year.
- The number of unemployed persons in May 2015 was 2.24 million, a decrease of 180 thousand or 7.4% from the previous year.
The unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, was 3.3%.
Family Income and Expenditure Survey (Two-or-more-person Households : May 2015)
Expenditures for Two-or-more-person Households
The average of monthly consumption expenditures per household for May 2015 was 286,433 yen, up 5.5% in nominal terms and up 4.8% in real terms from the previous year.
Income and Expenditures for Workers' Households
The average of monthly income per household stood at 430,325 yen, up 2.2% in nominal terms and up 1.5% in real terms from the previous year.
The average of consumption expenditures per household was 317,317 yen, up 8.3% in nominal terms and up 7.5% in real terms from the previous year.
Consumer Price Index (2010-base) (May 2015, Japan / June 2015, Ku-area of Tokyo (preliminary))
- The consumer price index for Japan in May 2015 was 104.0 (2010=100), up 0.3% from the previous month, and up 0.5% over the year.
The consumer price index for Ku-area of Tokyo in June 2015 (preliminary) was 102.2 (2010=100), down 0.4% from the previous month, and up 0.3% over the year.
WHAT' S NEW IN SBJ WEBSITE
- July 10: "Survey of Household Economy" (Items Related to Expenditure)(May 2015)
- July 10: Unincorporated Enterprise Survey(Structual survey) 2014 Yearly
- June 30: 2014 Economic Census for Business Frame (Preliminary Tobulation)
- June 30: "Monthly Survey on Service Industries" (April 2015(preliminary), January 2015(final))
- June 30: Retail Price Survey (Structural Survey)(2014)
- June 26: "Retail Price Survey" (May 2015, Main Cities (June 2015, Ku-area of Tokyo))
- June 25: "Report on Internal Migration in Japan" (May 2015)
- June 22: "Population Estimates" (June 2015)
- June 11: Family Income and Expenditure Survey (Income and Expenditure)(Annual Report 2014)