Main contents start here
News Bulletin May 26, 2015
May 26, 2015
A model project on Linked Open Data (LOD) in statistics - Local development and Business vitalization
In order to promote further advancement of open data, the Statistics Bureau of Japan (SBJ) is implementing a model project on open data in fiscal 2015, in which SBJ provides statistical data in the form of LOD (Linked Open Data)* in collaboration with Fukui Prefecture, cities in the prefecture, the National Statistics Center, and so on.
This model project is expected to promote providing data in the form of LOD, to enable efficient, comprehensive and proper data collection/ detailed analysis with the rapid spread of this new way of providing data, and to vitalize the local society and economy with new business creation, public service improvement, local business advancement, etc.
*LOD is interconnected data of all data available to the public, which enables acquisition of data whose presence hasn't been recognized so far.
May 1 2015
Labour Force Survey (Basic Tabulation: March 2015)
- The number of employed persons in March 2015 was 63.19 million, an increase of 210 thousand or 0.3% from the previous year.
- The number of unemployed persons in March 2015 was 2.28 million, a decrease of 180 thousand or 7.3% from the previous year.
The unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, was 3.4%.
Family Income and Expenditure Survey (March 2015)
Expenditures for Two-or-more-person Households
The average of monthly consumption expenditures per household for March 2015 was 317,579 yen, down 8.1% in nominal terms and down 10.6% in real terms from the previous year.
Income and Expenditures for Workers' Households
The average of monthly income per household stood at 449,243 yen, up 2.5% in nominal terms but down 0.3% in real terms from the previous year.
The average of consumption expenditures per household was 351,974 yen, down 8.5% in nominal terms and down 11.0% in real terms from the previous year.
Consumer Price Index (March 2015, Japan / April 2015, Ku-area of Tokyo (preliminary))
- The consumer price index for Japan in March 2015 was 103.3 (2010=100), up 0.4% from the previous month, and up 2.3% over the year.
The consumer price index for Ku-area of Tokyo in April 2015 (preliminary) was 102.5 (2010=100), up 0.4% from the previous month, and up 0.7% over the year.
WHAT' S NEW IN SBJ WEBSITE
- May 12: "Labour Force Survey(Detailed Tabulation)" (Quarterly Average Results - Jan.-Mar. 2015 -)
- May 1: "Labour Force Survey(Basic Tabulation)" Quarterly Average Results -Jan.-Mar.2015-
- May 1: "Retail Price Survey" (March 2015, Main Cities (April 2015, Ku-area of Tokyo))
- April 30: "Monthly Survey on Service Industries" (February 2015(preliminary), November 2014(final))
- April 27: "Summary of the Results of Internal Migration in 2014"
- April 20: "Population Estimates" (April 2015)
- April 17: Current Population Estimates (As of October 1st, 2014)