Main contents start here
News Bulletin April 20, 2015
April 20, 2015
SBJ hosts the 2015 meeting of the Ottawa Group on Price Indices
The 2015 meeting of the Ottawa Group on Price Indices will be held in Urayasu City, Japan, May 20-22, 2015, hosted by the Statistics Bureau of Japan (SBJ).
The 1st meeting of the Ottawa Group was held in Ottawa in 1994, and recently, it has been conducted approximately every 2 years. The 2015 meeting will be the 14th meeting of the Group.
The topics of the 2015 meeting are "Alternate data sources and Index number formulas", "Compiling Property Price Indexes", "Price statistics that meet multiple user needs", "Quality adjustment", "Pricing seasonal products", and "Other topics". This is the first time Japan will hold the meeting, and about 70 people are expected to attend from around the world.
On March 25, 3 statistical officials of the participants in the "Country Course (Afghanistan): Training Workshop on Planning and Management of Sample Surveys in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan" of the United Nations Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific (SIAP), visited SBJ to learn about the statistical works in Japan.
On March 30, Mr. Diego Silva Ardila, Deputy Director of the National Department of Statistics of Colombia (DANE) visited SBJ. After exchanging greetings with the senior officials of SBJ, he got a briefing on the outline of SBJ, exchanged opinions on various topics including the possibilities of cooperation between SBJ and DANE, and visited the Statistical Museum.
March 27 2015
Labour Force Survey (Basic Tabulation: February 2015)
- The number of employed persons in February 2015 was 63.22 million, an increase of 390 thousand or 0.6% from the previous year.
- The number of unemployed persons in February 2015 was 2.26 million, a decrease of 60 thousand or 2.6% from the previous year.
The unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, was 3.5%.
Family Income and Expenditure Survey (February 2015)
Expenditures for Two-or-more-person Households
The average of monthly consumption expenditures per household for February 2015 was 265,632 yen, down 0.4% in nominal terms and down 2.9% in real terms from the previous year.
Income and Expenditures for Workers' Households
The average of monthly income per household stood at 488,519 yen, up 1.9% in nominal terms but down 0.7% in real terms from the previous year.
The average of consumption expenditures per household was 291,387 yen, down 1.1% in nominal terms and down 3.6% in real terms from the previous year.
Consumer Price Index (February 2015, Japan / March 2015, Ku-area of Tokyo (preliminary))
- The consumer price index for Japan in February 2015 was 102.9 (2010=100), down 0.2% from the previous month, and up 2.2% over the year.
The consumer price index for Ku-area of Tokyo in March 2015 (preliminary) was 102.1 (2010=100), up 0.4% from the previous month, and up 2.3% over the year.
WHAT' S NEW IN SBJ WEBSITE
- March 27: "Monthly Survey on Service Industries" (January 2015(preliminary), October 2014(final))
- March 27: Annual Report on the Monthly Survey on Service Industries (2013)
- March 27: "Retail Price Survey" (February 2015, Main Cities (March 2015, Ku-area of Tokyo))
- March 26: "Report on Internal Migration in Japan" (February 2015)