Main contents start here
News Bulletin January 28, 2015
January 28, 2015
Signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation between the Statistics Bureau of Japan and the General Statistics Office of Vietnam
On January 14, Mr. Nguyen Bich Lam, Director General of the General Statistics Office of Vietnam (GSO) and 4 statistical officials from GSO visited SBJ to sign a Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) between SBJ and GSO.
Mr. Satohisa Inami, Director-General of SBJ, and Mr. Nguyen Bich Lam, Director General of GSO, had a meeting, and agreed to establish the basis for in depth cooperation between SBJ and GSO in the area of official statistics and signed the MOC.
The purpose of the MOC is to establish the basis for in depth cooperation between both sides in the area of statistics and other related fields of mutual interest. The main fields of collaboration are;
- Conducting censuses and surveys (Population and Housing Census, Economic Census, Family Income and Expenditure Survey, Survey for Consumer Price Index, and so on);
- Preparing statistical reports;
- Statistical Analysis and Forecast;
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and Portal Site of Official Statistics (e-Stat); and so on
During the discussion held in SBJ after signing the MOC, they recognized the importance of interaction and had discussion towards further promotion of interaction between both countries in the future.
On January 15, they met with Ms. Sanae Takaichi, the Minister for Internal Affairs and Communications.
The members of the delegation from GSO who visited SBJ were as follows:
- Mr. Nguyen Bich Lam, Director General of GSO
- Mr. Tran Dang Long, Director of Administrative Office
- Mr. Nguyen Huu Thoa, Director of Legislation and Statistical Inspection Department
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Ngoc Van, Director of Integrated Statistics Department
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Hoai, Deputy Director of Human Resources Department
December 26, 2014
Labour Force Survey (Basic Tabulation: November 2014)
- The number of employed persons in November 2014 was 63.71 million, the same number as the previous year.
- The number of unemployed persons in November 2014 was 2.19 million, a decrease of 300 thousand or 12.0% from the previous year.
- The unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, was 3.5%.
Family Income and Expenditure Survey (November 2014)
Expenditures for Two-or-more-person Households
The average of monthly consumption expenditures per household for November 2014 was 280,271 yen, up 0.3% in nominal terms but down 2.5% in real terms from the previous year.
Income and Expenditures for Workers' Households
The average of monthly income per household stood at 431,543 yen, down 1.1% in nominal terms and down 3.9% in real terms from the previous year.
The average of consumption expenditures per household was 306,230 yen, up 1.7% in nominal terms but down 1.2% in real terms from the previous year.
Consumer Price Index (November 2014, Japan / December 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo (preliminary))
- The consumer price index for Japan in November 2014 was 103.2 (2010=100), down 0.4% from the previous month, and up 2.4% over the year.
- The consumer price index for Ku-area of Tokyo in December 2014 (preliminary) was 101.8 (2010=100), the same level as the previous month, and up 2.1% over the year.
WHAT' S NEW IN SBJ WEBSITE
- January 16: "Survey of Household Economy" (Items Related to Expenditure)(November 2014)
- December 26: Retail Price Survey (Structural Survey)(2013)
- December 26: "Monthly Survey on Service Industries" (October 2014(preliminary), July 2014(final)) http://www.stat.go.jp/english/data/mssi/kekka.htm
December 26: Consumer Price Index (2010-base) (2014 Yearly Average, Ku-area of Tokyo (preliminary))
- December 26: "Retail Price Survey" (November 2014, Main Cities (December 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo))
- December 25: "Report on Internal Migration in Japan" (November 2014)
- December 22: "Population Estimates" (December 2014)
- December 19: "Monthly Survey on Service Industries" (2013 Annual Survey Results(Final))