Main contents start here
News Bulletin December 18, 2014
December 18, 2014
The 29th Chinese Statistical Mission to Japan
The 29th statistical mission from China, headed by Mr. Sheng Laiyun, Director-General, Department of Comprehensive Statistics, National Bureau of Statistics of China (NBS), visited Japan from November 17 to 22, 2014.
After exchanging greetings with the senior officials of the SBJ, they discussed several topics with the SBJ staff: Data dissemination of the Statistics Bureau of Japan, Monitoring of and response to public opinions, How to use information technologies to better release and interpret data, and Maintenance and management of databases, etc.
In addition, the mission visited the Hyogo Prefectural Government and exchanged information on the statistical activities of local governments.
Japan and China have been cooperating to dispatch and invite statistical missions almost every year since 1980. The main purpose of this program is to develop official statistics for both governments. The missions have included discussions on their experiences and challenges with regard to statistical issues, such as organization, surveys, tabulation and data provision, and circumstances of local statistical organizations.
- Mr. Sheng Laiyun Director-General, Department of Comprehensive Statistics
- Ms. Wang Juan Deputy Director, Division of Bilateral Relations, Department of International Cooperation
- Ms. He Feiyan Principal Program Officer, Division of Information Release, Department of Comprehensive Statistics
- Mr. Huang Tao Senior Program Officer, Division of Macro Economic Monitoring, Department of Comprehensive Statistics
November 28, 2014
Labour Force Survey (Basic Tabulation: October 2014)
- The number of employed persons in October 2014 was 63.90 million, an increase of 240 thousand or 0.4% from the previous year.
- The number of unemployed persons in October 2014 was 2.33 million, a decrease of 300 thousand or 11.4% from the previous year.
The unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, was 3.5%.
Family Income and Expenditure Survey (October 2014)
Expenditures for Two-or-more-person Households
The average of monthly consumption expenditures per household for October 2014 was 288,579 yen, down 0.7% in nominal terms and down 4.0% in real terms from the previous year.
Income and Expenditures for Workers' Households
The average of monthly income per household stood at 488,273 yen, up 1.2% in nominal terms but down 2.1% in real terms from the previous year.
The average of consumption expenditures per household was 316,154 yen, down 0.1% in nominal terms and down 3.4% in real terms from the previous year.
Consumer Price Index (October 2014, Japan / November 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo (preliminary))
- The consumer price index for Japan in October 2014 was 103.6 (2010=100), down 0.3% from the previous month, and up 2.9% over the year.
The consumer price index for Ku-area of Tokyo in November 2014 (preliminary) was 101.8 (2010=100), down 0.4% from the previous month, and up 2.1% over the year.
WHAT' S NEW IN SBJ WEBSITE
- November 28: "Retail Price Survey" (October 2014, Main Cities (November 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo))
- November 27: "Report on Internal Migration in Japan" (October 2014)
- November 25: "JAPAN STATISTICAL YEARBOOK" (2015)
- November 21: Unincorporated Enterprise Survey(Trend survey) The Third quarter of 2014(2014.7-9)
- November 20: "Population Estimates" (November 2014)
- November 14: Family Income and Expenditure Survey (Total Households)(The third quarter of 2014)
- November 14: Family Income and Expenditure Survey (One-person Households)(The third quarter of 2014)
- November 14: "Survey of Household Economy" (Items Related to Expenditure)(September 2014 and July 2014-September 2014), (Items Related to Information and Communication Technology (ICT))(July 2014-September 2014)