Main contents start here
News Bulletin September 17, 2014
September 17, 2014
The National Survey of Family Income and Expenditure 2014
The Statistics Bureau of Japan (SBJ) is conducting the National Survey of Family Income and Expenditure from this September through November 2014. This survey has been conducted every five years since 1959 for the purpose of investigating family income and expenditure, status of major durable goods, the dwelling house and land owned, and the total amount of savings and liabilities, thus obtaining basic data for administrative policies and measures such as pension and social welfare plans. The results of this survey will be released after July 2015.
August 29, 2014
Labour Force Survey (Basic Tabulation: July 2014)
- The number of employed persons in July 2014 was 63.57 million, an increase of 460 thousand or 0.7% from the previous year.
- The number of unemployed persons in July 2014 was 2.48 million, a decrease of 70 thousand or 2.7% from the previous year.
- The unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, was 3.8%.
Family Income and Expenditure Survey (July 2014)
Expenditures for Two-or-more-person Households
The average of monthly consumption expenditures per household for July 2014 was 280,293 yen, down 2.0% in nominal terms and down 5.9% in real terms from the previous year.
Income and Expenditures for Workers' Households
The average of monthly income per household stood at 555,276 yen, down 2.4% in nominal terms and down 6.2% in real terms from the previous year.
The average of consumption expenditures per household was 311,693 yen, up 0.4% in nominal terms but down 3.6% in real terms from the previous year.
Consumer Price Index (Japan July 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo August 2014 (preliminary))
- The consumer price index for Japan in July 2014 was 103.4 (2010=100), the same level as the previous month, and up 3.4% over the year.
- The consumer price index for Ku-area of Tokyo in August 2014 (preliminary) was 102.0 (2010=100), up 0.2% from the previous month, and up 2.8% over the year.
WHAT' S NEW IN SBJ WEBSITE
- August 29: "Retail Price Survey" (July 2014, Main Cities (August 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo))
- August 28: "Monthly Survey on Service Industries" (June 2014(preliminary), March 2014(final))
- August 25: "Report on Internal Migration in Japan" (July 2014)
- August 22: Unincorporated Enterprise Survey(Trend survey) The Second quarter of 2014(2014.4-6)
- August 20: "Population Estimates" (August 2014)