Main contents start here
News Bulletin July 1, 2014
July 1, 2014
Reformation of the News Bulletin
The News Bulletin is issued by the Statistics Bureau of Japan (SBJ) to communicate news on the statistical activities of the SBJ such as summaries of statistics lately released, conferences, and technical cooperation projects.
To deliver news and information more timely and frequently, we have recently reformed the editing policy of the News Bulletin. From now on, the SBJ will issue the News Bulletin in text-format e-mails with a variety of content, such as news highlights, recent releases and visitors, in a timely fashion.
If you have any comments or suggestions for the reformed News Bulletin, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 27, 2014
Labour Force Survey (Basic Tabulation: May 2014))
- The number of employed persons in May 2014 was 63.97 million, an increase of 570 thousand or 0.9% from the previous year.
- The number of unemployed persons in May 2014 was 2.42 million, a decrease of 370 thousand or 13.3% from the previous year.
- The unemployment rate, seasonally adjusted, was 3.5%.
Consumer Price Index (Japan May 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo June 2014 (preliminary))
- The consumer price index for Japan in May 2014 was 103.5 (2010=100), up 0.4% from the previous month, and up 3.7% over the year.
- The consumer price index for Ku-area of Tokyo in June 2014 (preliminary) was 101.8 (2010=100), down 0.2% from the previous month, and up 3.0% over the year.
Family Income and Expenditure Survey (May 2014)
Expenditures for Two-or-more-person Households
The average of monthly consumption expenditures per household for May 2014 was 271,411 yen, down 3.9% in nominal terms and down 8.0% in real terms from the previous year.
Income and Expenditures for Workers' Households
The average of monthly income per household stood at 421,117 yen, down 0.4% in nominal terms and down 4.6% in real terms from the previous year.
The average of consumption expenditures per household was 293,050 yen, down 4.8% in nominal terms and down 8.8% in real terms from the previous year.
WHAT' S NEW IN SBJ WEBSITE
- June 27: "Retail Price Survey" (May 2014, Main Cities (June 2014, Ku-area of Tokyo))
- June 26: "Report on Internal Migration in Japan" (May 2014)