Main contents start here
Notes on the Statistical Tables for the 2012 Economic Census for Business Activity
- These statistical tables are based on the revised tabulation, and may differ from the results of the preliminary tabulation published in January 2013.
- The survey was conducted on establishments and enterprises excluding the following:
- Establishments of national and local public entities.
- Establishments of individual proprietorships that fall under Division A "agriculture and forestry" of Japan Standard Industrial Classification.
- Establishments of individual proprietorships that fall under Division B "fisheries" of Japan Standard Industrial Classification.
- Establishments that fall under Group 792 "domestic services" in Division N "living-related and personal services, and amusement services" of Japan Standard Industrial Classification.
- Establishments that fall under Major Group 96 "foreign governments and international agencies in Japan" in Division R "services, n.e.c." of Japan Standard Industrial Classification.
- Financial matters, including the amount of sales (income) and expenses, are the values for the one year of 2011, whereas matters other than financial matters, including legal organizations and the number of persons engaged, are the values as of February 1, 2012.
- Missing values and conflicting entries in questionnaires were closely examined and supplementary corrected based on data including the 2009 Economic Census for Business Frame, and then tabulated in the results table.
- Some matters, including the amount of sales (income), are counted among establishments (enterprises) from which figures for the required items were available.
- The sum of individual amount and total amounts in each matter may differ due to rounding to the nearest unit. The ratios are rounded to one decimal place.
- Some of the data are shown as "-" because they lack relevant numbers and have a 0 denominator, making calculation impossible.
- "x" indicates figures being kept secret in cases where publication of the tabulated results could lead to secrets of individual reporters being leaked because there are only one or two target entities (enterprises). Even if the figures are related to more than three target entities (enterprises), they are shown as "x" in cases where figures of one or two target entities (enterprises) become clear by subtracting them from the total figures.
- The amounts of sales (income) for all industries were counted relating to enterprises since those per establishment cannot be obtained for the following industries:
"construction," "electricity, gas, heat supply and water," "communication," "broadcasting," "video picture, sound information, character information production and distribution," "transport and postal activities," "finance and insurance," "school education," "postal services," "political, business and cultural organizations," and "religion."
- The amount of added value per establishment is counted for all industries, by dividing proportionally the amount of added value per enterprise by the number of persons working at the location at affiliated establishments.